BCCA Code of Ethics
The Bearded Collie Club of America, in order to protect, preserve and promote the advancement and proper breeding and showing of the Bearded Collie, as well as ethical practices, does hereby set forth this Code of Ethics.
- All members shall maintain the best possible standards of health and care of their dogs and shall sell only those who are in good health and condition at the time of delivery. The breeder shall keep and pass on to the buyer accurate health, breeding and registration records at the time of the sale.
- Registration with the American Kennel Club is the responsibility of the breeder. It is recommended that all terms of agreement pertaining to sales, leasing, whelping and breeding of dogs be recorded in writing.
- Bearded Collies shall not be sold to pet shops, wholesale dealers, contest sponsors or to any buyer who the breeder feels will not properly care for the dog.
- All advertising shall be of an honest and forthright nature.
- Good sportsmanship shall be advanced by members at all times.
- All members shall endeavor to help acquaint the public as to the Standard of the Breed as adopted by the Bearded Collie Club of America and approved by the American Kennel Club.
- Members shall be held responsible for instructions to handlers and groomers as to the proper grooming of the Bearded Collie so as to conform to the Standard of the Breed.
- Disciplinary action against any member for alleged misconduct prejudicial to the best interest of the Club or the Breed may be taken by the BCCA.